Stacy Flanery, JD, graduated with honors from Michigan State University and earned a B.A. in Political Science and a B.A. in Criminal Justice. She then attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School and graduated Magna Cum Laude. While attending Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Ms. Flanery was the Editor-in-Chief of the Thomas M. Cooley Law Review. Additionally, she worked at the Sixty Plus Inc., Elderlaw Clinic, providing free legal services to elderly residents in the Lansing area. Ms. Flanery completed an externship with the Honorable Kathleen A. Feeney at the 17th Circuit Court, Family Division and worked as a Prehearing Attorney for the Michigan Court of Appeals.
Stacy Flanery has been practicing family law including divorce, abuse and neglect, child custody, and juvenile delinquency for over ten years. She received a certificate of completion in the area of Family Law sponsored by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the State Bar of Michigan. Ms. Flanery is a trained Domestic Relations Mediator. Additionally, she does appellate work for family and criminal law matters. Ms. Flanery also has experience in probate and estate planning and Drivers License Restoration.
Stacy Flanery’s professional and community activities include:
· Treasurer, Mecosta Osceola Bar Association
· Legal Studies Advisory Board Member, Ferris State University
· State Bar of Michigan (Family Law Section)
· Former Big Rapids Jaycees
· Former Chairperson of the Board of Directors for W.I.S.E.
· Leadership Mecosta Alumni
· Year of the Dawg Community Art project
· Former National Baby Food Festival Committee Member